In Uncategorized on February 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm
We’ve had a few questions from people organising group runs, and we’d like to take the opportunity to explain what Run for Christchurch is all about:
- Run for Christchurch is virtual event- anyone can run, anywhere, anytime.
- It’s fantastic that Run for Christchurch is bringing people together all over the world- we’re stoked!- but we do want to emphasise that it’s not an official “event”. We just want you to go for your usual run, wearing red and black, and donate to the Red Cross through the fundraising page (…and tell us about it…!)
- We’re happy to help you let others in your area know where you’ll be running so they can join you on your run, and we’ll let you all know where we’ll be running, once we’ve decided!
- We’re just a bunch of motivated Kiwis, not event managers and we don’t want your enthusiasm and goodwill to get you into any kind of trouble in your local area if you try to organise an ‘event’.
- Obviously we want you to encourage people to run in their local area and to donate on line (please do not collect cash) but unless you are an experienced Race Director and know exactly the rules, regulations and implications of putting on an event please stick to just getting out there and running with your mates in the red and black.
- And as a final disclaimer (gotta have one of them) … We cannot endorse or accept any responsibility for any event that you may or may not organise.
Thanks for your support!
The Run for Christchurch Team
In Uncategorized on February 26, 2011 at 9:00 am
We’ve had an amazing start to Run for Christchurch and Lucinda even managed to record her first podcast ever!
You can listen to her here http://run4chch.podbean.com/
We are also working on a list of runs that are people are going on in NZ and around the world, please let us know if you are keen to share your run with us, we will share it with the world!
In Uncategorized on February 25, 2011 at 6:50 pm
Phew! It’s only a few hours since our “Go Live” yesterday afternoon, and things are going great guns!
Since then, it’s all been happening:
- we’ve added some pics to our Who We Are page (look up the top)
- we’ve raised $625 from people over the world
- we’ve heard news that people in Wellington and London are planning group “Runs for Christchurch”
We’re all just stoked- imagine if this keeps going until the event!
We’d love to hear more about what you’re all up to, so we can celebrate your efforts on the site- and remember, don’t forget to send us pictures of your red and black and race reports on the day!
You can email us on email@example.com
In Uncategorized on February 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm
We’re five Kiwi bloggers wanting to do something for our friends in Christchurch, which has been hit by a devastating earthquake. So we decided to
pinch Phedippidations’ idea take a leaf out of the Phedipidations book, and organise a virtual run!
So on 12 and 13 March 2011, we’ll be dressing up in red and black and hitting the streets to raise money for the Red Cross, and we’d love for you to join us. Enter our virtual fun run by making a donation at our fundraising site. You can run for as long as you like, wherever you like- just make sure you tell the world you’re doing it, and send us a photo and race report afterwards! We’ll post everything here, so you can connect with all the other awesome fun runners out there.
For more information, click on “What We’re Doing”, above, or come and “like” our facebook page.
Please join us!